May 4-5: FLorida MEdical Device Symposium
The 2015 Florida Medical Device Symposium will be held May 4-5, 2015, at the Hilton Carillon Park in St. Petersburg. The symposium is Florida's premier event for medical device manufacturing firms, featuring nationally recognized speakers, expert panels on regulatory issues and industry trends, legislative updates and quality networking opportunities.
May 6: Workshop on Medical Device Software Compliance (9am-4PM)
Specialized workshop sponsored by UL on “The Changing Landscape of Medical Device Software Compliance” led by Anura Fernando, Principal Engineer for Medical Software & Systems Interoperability.
This full-day session will review recent and future changes central to regulatory compliance for medical device software. Topics include:
• The changing landscape of Medical Device Software regulation
• IEC 60601-1, Edition 3.1 and IEC 62304 – What do I need to know?
• Software Risk Management – Looking beyond ISO 14971
• Legacy Software – Strategies for compliance to standards
• Cybersecurity and Medical Device Software
(Additional registration required - $299 / Package discounts for both events / Breakfast - Lunch included)